Created: Thursday, 07 July 2016
The Quality Assurance Office (QAO) was established under Decision No. 49/QĐ-ĐHBK on 19/04/2005. The QAO plays a key role in the development, monitoring, and reporting of quality across university. The QAO has a clearly defined mission, principles, and terms of references, to ensure that all stakeholders can have full confidence in the university’s academic standard and assurance mechanisms.
The mission of the QAO is to study, propose, and coordinate with all faculties and departments across university to implement solutions to ensure and improve education and training quality; striving to achieve international accreditation standards for both university and program levels, which contribute to the fulfilment of university ‘s mission and strategic objectives.
The principles on which quality assurance are built in the university are developmental, to ensure continuous improvement through the involvement of all relevant parties within and outside the university. The work of the Quality Assurance Office and, indeed quality assurance across the university, rests on several principles:
- Quality assurance and enhancement are developmental and are part of the university’s strategy for ensuring the highest quality learning, teaching, curricula, research and academic operations and standards of the university.
- Quality assurance and enhancement are collaborative and cooperative.
- Quality assurance and enhancement are empowering and involve all areas and of the university, parties and stakeholders.
- Quality assurance and enhancement are designed to meet internal and external approval, accreditation and recognition requirements.
- Quality assurance and enhancement are ongoing and part of the university’s strategies for continuous improvement and excellence;
- Quality assurance and enhancement practices at all areas of the university are documented, monitored, reviewed and evaluated.
- Quality assurance and enhancement are designed to promote institutional and public confidence in the academic standards of the university.
- Quality assurance and enhancement are transparent, systematic, rigorous and equitable.
- Quality assurance and enhancement focus on input, processes, outcomes and impact.
- Quality assurance and enhancement is a supported and facilitated process in the university.