Created: Thursday, 21 December 2017
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HCMUT) was established in 1957 and has been recognized as a centre of excellence among technological universities in Vietnam. Prior to the country re-unification in 1975, the university was the only institution to produce engineers in the Southern Vietnam. Up to the present day, HCMUT still remains as the largest, the most prestigious and the oldest engineering university in the South of Vietnam.
To become an innovative, pioneering and international integrated university.
HCMUT is an autonomous university with the following missions:
- To educate the intellectual human resources with leadership competence;
- To create new knowledge through scientific research and technological transfer;
- To assume and perform social responsibility and community services.
The specific strategies as follows:
1. Efficiency management and resource development to ensure the transformation into an autonomous university;
2. Development of excellent staff;
3. Educational excellence;
4. Research and Technology transfer excellence;
5. Internationalization, cooperation, community outreach and strong sense of social responsibility.
4. System of core values
HCMUT promotes to the following core values:
- The devotion and core competence of our management, academic staff, and students;
- Creativity and Innovation in education and research;
- Dynamic learning environment and international integration;
- Strong sense of social responsibility and community services;
- Strong linkages between the university, community, and enterprises.
5. Educational philosophy
“Liberal Art Education; Pioneering in quality, creativity and integration”